Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Th excitement of the day...

they approched me with a job within the bank... I mean the job was up for a while and they have an outsider candidate, but last week in the training I met this woman from HR who told them to check out me, I might be good too. So they approached me, and asked if I would be interested. It is a totally different one than I do now, with a lot more time and a lot more responsibility, it isn't one step ahead (as what I was hoping for) but at least three... I talked to my suprvisor (who said go for it), my manager who almost cried that I want to leave-I told her I do not necessary want to leave,if she can find me something that would asnwer my problems -ie working time, payment and some step ahead- I would be glad to stay, but after all she was so helpful even offered me a couplke of days in "rotation" if I could see if the job would really be good for me...
So at the moment I am scared shitless, and also proud that they thought I could do that job, and so excited I can't even think about sleeping. Beside even if I do not get that job, but the whole thing made my manager think about possibilities for me, it was worth it... yay...

BTW in the meantime I remembered what else I wanted to write about the training... one of my favourite part was... I will save that for tomorrow, but let me just remind myself... my age...

2 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Congrats about the job offer ! This can only mean one thing: people think you are good enough to do the job ! Ergo: don't be so scared... this is the P. in you talking ! :-p

herr_dr_nuss said...

age? can you believe her? she's the spring chicken here!