Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The handknit sighting...

The handknit sighting...
On the knitting front my last week was really lucky week... I met two of my nice knitting friends and I saw two handknit items... When I met Dinara on Friday she was wearing this and it was soooo lovely, I instantly fell in love, I want WANT to have one like it too... I have to figure out what to make it from though... as I already stated here the yarn selection is very poor here. I did had a yarn stored in a corner of my mind though it has way too much acrylic it it, it is a gorgeous rusty orange color (my favourite, beside white and blue)... but Dinara said she needed almost a kg of yarn for the project, and the store (a wholesale place) only sells it in 800 gramms of packages... Now, the big question is do I get two of it and have a (highly acrylic) leftover enough for a sweater for Chris, or for about the same money I buy a 1000 gramms (two package) of merino which is thinner...

As for the weekend. It was better than expected, since the may firts thing P. acts almost normal... I haven't done much because I had a debilitating terrible headache, but all that sleeping must have been much needed. I did managed to finish the back (or the front? they are the same) of the Butterfly tunic... I whish I could finish it to next week for my three days training, but that would be a miracle...

No comments: