Friday, January 27, 2023

Testing, testing... Aidah gown

 Before you all think that once again, I abandoned the blog, here is a little uupdate...

The thing is, I want to sew EVERY possible 18th century project, even if we don't really have many events to wear them to, but I definetly need to add some pieces to my 18th C wardrobe. 

The red dress I made in the summer was supposed to be a practice piece to figure out what is what  and which way is to that way with 18th century sewing. I do love that red dress to pieces with all its faults. 

That is an 1780 dress, from cotton, which is really fine the aspiring, up and coming burgoise citizens, but if I want to go upward from that (like the court of Marie Teresa), I need something from a bit earlier, and from finer materials.

When Scroop Patterns came out with their Angelica gown, I applied for testing, but did not got into the pool, but I applied again, when they were looking for testers to its sister gown, the Aidah. Thus, at the moment I am working on that.

65 page without the sewing instructions,
A few hours and a whole roll of Scotch tape later. 
Trying the first mock up...
Modifying the front curve.
Back looks fine, but a little bit too thight.
Thats where I am now... 
To be continued.


No comments: