Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Leftovers

 And so it happened, that back in 2015 I've knitted a cardigan, from DROPS yarn, based on a DROPS pattern...

And then I had some yarn left over from both the red and the gray I used...

I promptly halved those, and started knitting a striped sock, thinking, how fun it will be wearing with the cardigan and a jeans skirt. I did knit half of the pair, I stuck the needles of the two other balls, put it into the basket I used to keep my WIP's back then and totally forgot about them. 

Sometimes, over the years, when I needed the basket for my table at a festival I poured out the stiff that was in there, then later put back the heap.

Sometimes a vague thought passed about how I should just knit the other half, how fun that would be, but still haven't done much about it. 
And then, something happened... I seemed to be on a sock-knitting kick lately, I've knitted more sock in the last few months, than all toghether before. Well, maybe not more, but pretty close. So much, I wondered where all my sock-knitting needles are. Stuck into old, abandoned projects thats where. 
Besides, I am also in a flat rearranging, and going over old stuff kick. And as I was trying to clean up the living room enough to have a Xmas tree I happened to bump into that basket again. and I just wanted to clean it up and empty it. 

I did throw out a bunch of stuff, but I though I might as well knit that other half, while I was at it. 
Simple toe up socks, short row toes, short row heels, and shaping for the leg.
Gray yarn: DROPS Delight.
Red yarn: DROPS Fabel.
Needles: 2.25 mm
Photos: Norbert Varga

No comments: