Sunday, January 31, 2021

Edit the Hat

 In early dcember, amidst all the sock knitting, work and other stuff, I had the urge to knit some Far Isle. 

Like NOW. Right away. As the New Year, and with that the good luck sweater got pretty close, I did not want to start something big. 

Besides a ball of dark red, tweedy sock yarn kept falling down on me. 
I thought, it will be the perfect time to try out the hat, for which I saved the chart on Pinterest for many years now.
There was just the chart, nothing else, not even the starting stitchnumber, and the rythm of the edge is totally different than the top, but what the heck. I designed and wrote a few hat patterns myself, it can't be that hard to figure out, right? I had a couple of false start though, but at the end...
It also took a bit of getting back to the rythm of fair isle, it was quite bumpy, when it came off the needle, but blocking did wonders to it. 
Yarn: bordeaux tweedy and gray sockyarn of unknown origin. 
Pattern: Edit the hat
Needles: 3mm
Modell photos: Norbert Varga

No comments: