Saturday, January 16, 2021

Stripey cardigan

So I had my boots, my socks and mittens... and then I bumped into a dress, I loved the cut of (simple as it was), but they only had in in... you guessed, PINK again. I needed something to make it wearable in somewhat colder weather, so I decided a not to thick cardigan is in order.

I wanted something simple, and wearable for me.
And from what else, but sock-yarn. According to the current state of things, no way I am ever going to knit up my sock-yarn stash anyhow. 
What would work with the pink, gray, right. And so it happens, that gray works well with my silver hair too. 
Dug out some gray yarn, and some pink one, and acording to my Instagram I started knitting this in early July. No pattern, just some regular top down wrap cardigan, with a V neck, straight outta my head. No fuss. 
Of course, there are signature elements, like the long cuffs, and there was one requirement, it should fit with a slightly lagenlook-ish style. 
It was a mainly travel knit for me, as I knitted it mostly in N's car, while we were travelling around (yes, we did managed to put a few kilometers into his car, using the slight easing of virus over the summer). 
 I have knitted one sleeve on the way to Italy, the other one on the way back. In between I did not knit much, just sat in the car open mouthed and wide eyed, pointing out here and there "Do YOU see that???" "Look at THERE!!" and stuff like that. 
At the end, I had to put it away for many weeks (even months), because I misplaced the last couple of balls of yarns. I haunted the second hand shop, hoping that something similar would pop up, and just when I finally resigned to use something else and figure out how finish without them, they popped up. (Just because someone will ask: turned out I left them in one of the side pockets of a bag I used in Italy... however, all is well that ends well).
Yes, because someone will ask this too: there is some rather agressive increase at the sides, after the waistline. I wanted to play on the uneven lines of the lagenlook style, hence the slightly ownward arching waistline, 

And so you thought with this the ink flood ended.... WRONG. There is some more from where all these came, but first, I will show something else. 
Photoes: Norbert Varga
Yarn: Some noname sockyarn from my stash. The gray as well as the pink. 
Needles: 3 mm. 
 

No comments: