Monday, November 16, 2015

Frosty aftenoon

 I have many-many favorites from the 2015/2016 DROPS winter/fall collection. Also I have plans (and yarns) to knit some of them... Among others I have the original pink/mauve/beige colored Delight, but when in the fall I was looking for something I can wear with my red boots... I knew that some change is in the air...
 I think as for thicknes and gauge goes DROPS Delight, Alpaca and Fabel are interchangeables... 
As much as I love Drops Alpaca...it is really warm and have a tendency to felt at the uderarms (as I saw with my much loved Bergen cardigan). I wanted a fall cadigan, which is not as warm... So, instead of the unicolored alpaca I used the grey Delight with its changing shades, but where the Delight should be in the pattern I set free the soul of some unicolored red sockyarn that was in my stash... for who knows how long.
As for modifications... I added long ribbing to the cuffs (as usual) and added some extra stitches to the arms, as I have hmmm... not so thin forearms...
 That is about it, the pattern is rather easy, and straightforward (as far as DROPS patterns go--- I actually love this way of pattern writing, I feel they suppose, I KNOW what I do... at least when it comes to knitting that is.
Pattern is Frosty Morning from DROPS Design.
Yarn: Drops Deight and Fabel.
Needles: 2,5 mm and 3 mm.
Photos: Deli Christopher Laurent.... shot in a pretty cold fall afternoon.

2 comments:

Martine said...

Très joli & automnal

Aaron Baker said...

The truth is used in which its presence is not important to anyone, recognizing that it is another useless, the meaningless thing, that is the truth of the sacred profane term. Truth, if useless, it is not a must have something.
____________________________
I like: Buy Cheap CS:GO Skins and The Cheapest CS:GO Skins