Thursday, December 8, 2016

Ingrid who is Flora

It might be obvious that I am enamored with the new DROPS Flora yarn... After the kitty-cat hat I just had to knit a full sweater, and since I had my eye on the Ingrid sweater for a long time, it was a great opportunity to pair up the two. I was so excited to start that uncharacteristically I did not do a gauge swatch. I know, I know, it was a big chance to take, and I did had to tweak things here and there, but in general it did work out.
The pattern is lovely and well written... at least until the patterning on the shoulder, because afterwards I just went after my own head, especially adding more stitches at the raglan, to accomondate my thicker than average arms. 
At the sleeves I added a red adging, somewhat wider than the designer did on the sweater she knitted for herself.
 I knitted the sweater longer than the pattern, almost tunic length, and reapeated the narrow pattern and the red edging at the waist line,
 After all I am still in love with the yarn, I will definetly use it more in the future, and pretty much like the pattern, so I think I am satisfied.
Yarn: Drops Flora - the whole sweater weighs 325 gramm (total)
Pattern: Ingrid by Isabell Kraemer
Needles: Knit Pro Zing circulars and Addi Kolibri DPNs for the sleeves:
2.5 mm for the ribbing, 3 mm for the stockinett and 3.5 for the patterning.

No comments: