Saturday, February 12, 2011

Carnival time

One of the cable-channels is rerunning Lois and Clark episodes from the nineties.I used to watch them in Miami, I liked them and I learned a lot of English from them. So it was mainly nostalgie I let Christopher watch it when I bumped in them when we were home, because of his throat infection.
The result? Of course he wanted to be Superman in the school's carnival. First I didn't worried, every second hand shop was full with customes, every one of them had two or three Superman in different sizes... Until the minute my boy announced what is want to be dressed up.In that minute they dissapeared without a trace, even though I went at least fifteen different shop. So what a mommy can do? Start new rounds, this time in fabric shops. I went to at least six different shops, at the end I found teh three colors in three different places. Compared to getting the material, cutting and sewing wasn't such a big deal.
Except for the fact that Google pictures only show Superman from the front, and we only realized the day before the big one watching at the actually running episode, that there is also an S at the back of the cape. So at ten PM get the scissors and the leftover yellow fabric out and do some applique:
This one was made for the daughter of my friend, Timea. They don't have competition (what a great idea, kids can just enjoy themselves), but a theme every year. This year it was The Jungle. Since her little friend (umm...love:-)) wanted to be Tarzan, she wanted to be his Jane. My friend found some ocelot patterned fabric, and we came up with this:

1 comment:

Brussels Chronicles said...

very cute ! since I can't sew I am always in a pinch re. costumes and have occasionally spent crazy amounts of money on some... !