Friday, February 5, 2021

Weekly spinning

 I have been spinning again... these days a lot more than in the last couple of years. There are always a lot of crafty I do, most of them fiber/ textile related, and I rarely know what sparks some of them coming to the forefront, or going back to the background. There are exceptions, as I know exactly what pushed knitting to the background a few years ago, but that is not the rule, mostly I really just don't know. Now it seems weaving is on my head, and with that came spinning again. 

So there was this camel fiber I  dyed about a decade ago, when I first started to dye fiber. 


Don't ask me what urged me to dye one of the finest, but also most sensitive fibers, back when I still didn't really knew what I was doing, or why I never spun it. I have no idea, it was there in the draver below my bed, waiting for its time to come. 

Now that Ági's workshop has that pertol/pine green warp that won't let me sleep...
After all those turqise, I needed something else to weave on it again.
Babycamel is relatively short staple, not easy to spin, and if I wanted the yarn to have integrity, I had to overspun a little bit. 
Because it was made for weaving, I left it one ply.
1000 meters... and the story will contue with the weaving. 

No comments: