Thursday, May 31, 2012

Green

I found this yarn on one of the turkish sites on sale. I fell in love with the color (my mom loved green, I never did that much, still...). I bought it at once (and even when I was searching for it never found it again).
I hardly closed the door after the delivery man, I was already tearing the package up, and knitting a swatch.
For the style I got the basic idea from a sweater (coming from a second hand shop) a uni classmate of mine has, but at the end, I designed something totally different.
Leaving the leading role for the color and shine of the narrow tape-like yarn, I made a simple top-down raglan, with a little bit of decoration at the increases out of yarnovers and tiny cables, and a bit more on the sleeves combining lace diamonds and cables. The sleeves are ever so slightly trumpet shaped.
The yarn didn't seemed too thin, I used 3.5 mm needles, still I only used about 300 gramms of the package.
Now, I have to figure out what to do with the leftover, 2 balls, about 200 meters each. Would it be enough for a sleevless wrap thingy? Shoud I crochet a very loose shawl? Any suggestion? 

1 comment:

Brussels Chronicles said...

I think this one is splendid and so is the colour !