Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Writing block and animals.... and weaving.

In all honesty, I've hit a block, or something. Partly I've been working so much (what else is new), and all kinds of animal stuff fulls my head, due to all that animal-related Tv programs I've been working on, no matter how I try to get my "boss" understand that I do not like biology, or animals particularly Right, bite me. To my defense, I have been living in one of those prefabricated buildings in all my life. I did had a garden once, and I miss that dearly, but I did not had any animals there, nor do I miss any. Call me self absorbed, call me selfish, call me irresponsible, but I admit, I am totally incapable of anything resembling regularity. My only child survived because he has a mouth and told me when he was hungry. 
And while I don't have anything against animals from a distance, there is only one I could like close up, dolphins. Not that there is any chance getting colse up to one in the middle of Budapest, but you get the idea. Despite all this, I was working with so many animal-programs, that it was a breath of fresh air doing the only one about something else.
Partly, because, I did upload the pictures of this post about a week ago, but then kept putting off writing the post itself, because I simply could not figure out what to write... which would not be repetitive or boring. Even though, I should pick myself up, if I want to keep the 6 post per month thing I've managed nicely until now.
Because already my post about the yarn had the chances being boring, but pretty.  So will this post.
Because yet again, I did not wanted to do anything complicated in weaving, just let the petrol warp and my handdyed, handspun yarn take the lead.

When I dropped in ahead, to wind the yarn onto bobbins. I did not have any particular goal, I thought I will see what it will become, either a textile to sew with, or a shawl, depending the final looks, and size
I could talk about Ági, and her workshop, and how much I love her and the place, but I also did that already, and you could say I am biased. So go there and see for yourself. 
But there isn't anything new about how much I enjoy being there, and how much I enjoy even just throwing the shuttle from left to right, right to left.


I've also mentioned already, that I am just to short for this loom, I need to hold on, lie underneath and bend over at the same time. Not undoable, but I take it is some pretty physical work. 
Also there isn't anything new in how much I am enchanted by yarns that are handspun, especially if they are from handdyed wool.  
Which was surprising, that without any particular effort from my part, how regular the stripes became. Dyeing the yarn I was concentrating on the colors, but I threw them on the fiber without any particular conception. Spinning it, I started one end of the rowing and spun to its other end.

At the end, it was about 2 and a half meter long, maybe too little to sew anything serious, but maybe to long for a shawl,but it is incredibly soft, has a nice handle and lovely fabric. 
For a shawl, it would be the type you wrap around, and hide yourself in it.


For any case, I did the fringes, and for now I am leaving it as a shawl.
If inspiration hits, I might sew something from it. 

I still find it enchanting.

Every fiber, every thread, every cm of the yarn, every throw,, every time I can sit down beside a loom.

Pictures in MintaMókus workshop was shot by Ágnes Dénes.
A product, modell, and outdoor pictures were shot by Norbert Varga. 
Outdoor pictures were shot in the Nograd castle ruins.

No comments: