Thursday, March 28, 2019

Breaking news: I've knitted something!

Really. It is not that I do not potter around and make things, I do sew, I even knit, but much less than I used to, and finishing things are even more remote possibilities than they used to be...
But the new year's sweater did get finished, even photographed on our way to Italy.

We stopped in Slovenia to see the caves in Postojna, and the castle in Predjama... My sweater just got dry enough at the morning we left so I put toogether the necessary, the useful and the nice things and asked to have a couple of pictures made.

Yeah, I still remember the time, when the new Year's sweater took me about 4 days... well this one was done in two months, and let's just leave it there...
I picked up the yarn in a second hand shop. 50% wool and 50 % cotton, but thinner than the Drops Cotton Merino. More like sock yarn weight. 
 Pattern is based on DROPS (what else) 186-7 Belle Epoque, but of course the yarn is totally different, so is the gauge and the stitchcount. I used their charts and the basic structure of their sweater and went from there.
 (Photos: Norbert Varga).

No comments: