Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weaving

When I took Chris to the kid's island there was a place where they were decorating T shirts with a paint in a tube that worked like a felt pen, or something like that. So I went to a craft store I bought a tube of black paint, then in the next store I bought a plain white tank (racerback, what else)... I was thinking what if I enlarge the drawing of my tattoo, and draw/paint it on a top??? (Haven't got around to actually execute the idea yet, though)...
On the other hand...
There is this polish cartoon about the little mole. In one (the most famous) episode he wants a pair of pants (actually dungarees) with big deep pocket. at the end he finds flax on a field, waters it, then harvest it, asks the stork to break it, the hedgehog to comb it etc. Most schools even use it to tech how fabrics are made. at one point the linen gets weaved too. A couple of weeks ago I saw Chris playing with my portable clothes-dryer, imitating the weaving.... since then I did checked in a toy store if they have a toy weaver, but they didn't. On Saturday as we were in the craft-store he runs to me, "mama, there is a weaver!!!", and sure enough there was one about 30x50 cm, but had no packaging, nor users "manual", but the name of the manufacturer was on, from which I knew where do they have a store, so we jumped on the tram, and got there and I bought it for him. Chris could hardly wait to get home and try it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!! I hope he has fun with it. :D

Brussels Chronicles said...

Wow ! Cute ! My sister and I had mini looms like that (but smaller)n when we were kids and I am sure there is still one lying around in my parents' attic ! We made mats for our doll house with it etc... LOL ! I guess C has the same fascination for fabric that you have !