Monday, May 31, 2021

Faces

 Try as I might, I will not manage to put up the six blog post that seemed going so well since the beginning of the year... however, if I cound average (taking the fact that in january there were 8 posts..)... I am not that bad off...

Now this post I probably would need to file under "in other news"... Or something... 

Anyhow, the exciting thing for the last week, that summer programs, concerts, festivals start to pop up, and we BOUGHT TICKETS for some sUmmer fEstivals!!!

What is more we already managed to attend the first event with LIVE MUSIC. It is almost unbelievable. Even a few weeks ago, when the government started to loosen the grip of pandemic rules, it seemed almost impossible even last' year's level of events would happen... 

Now, let's not get into the fact how the "closing" was, how the first few weave of opening was not really opening, how illogical many rulings were, how unfair many of it seemed, Now I just wanted to focus on what is now.

FB pushed the event in my face, about the one man "show" of Zoltan Beck, who, for me, was the guy, who wrote the songs I love from Magashegy Underground (yet another Hungarian band). Of course I knew he had his own band and music, but largely I did not pay all that attention to. So I don't really know why I felt we might just go and see... Probably I was curious, it was in the city where N lives (officially at least LOL), and hey... IT supposed to have LIVE music. 


When we got there, first I was enchanted by the fact, that there were PEOPLE there. 

People WITHOUT MASKS. They had FACES. Never really made a secreat about the fact I desparately hate these masks, by now I can't even stand their smell anymore. 
But what bothered me, that I miss seeing people's FACES, Their smiles. Their wrinkles. The tiny twitch of the corner of their mouth that can tell you so many things. 

The performance was a combination of monologues, some poems, and songs, about life, meeting ourselves, boys and fathers, boy and mothers, love, all kinds of things, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

 It was fun, some places really funny, some places it was serious, we laughed, we cried.
I am actually sorry that this was the last run of this one.

But also the first one, of something new.

Photoes: Norbert Varga

No comments: