Saturday, November 26, 2011

Proof

That contrary to what some say, I am not spinning thin lace yars because I am not able to spin thicker ones.  I can.
This one was a fiber Gabi of Barkafonal asked me to spin for her, not too thin if possible... I spun it with long draw, eded up with about 380 meters of two ply, fingering.
This one was made of the batt I've written about here. The mixture of merino and angora, gave an interesting, soft touch to the yarn.
The mixture of purle and white fibers gave a tweedy effect. Its not too much, I don't yet know what it wants to become...
This treasure was made out of using leftover dyes. We wanted to repeat the colors of the rainbow yarn (succesfully, mind you, but I will write about it later), so I just took out a piece of roving, and dunked it in the dye.
I tried to half it very evenly, so and spin the half, so there is only a little layover between the colors.
I still have to better my dyeing technic as though it felt the roving stayed soft enough after the dyebath, it stuck a bit when trying to longdraw it.

No comments: