Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bloody chapped lips

That is what I have... in other words I am sick. Again. With the same sinus infection...
Since even simple breathing causes major problems for me...I don't have much energie, but to break up the blogsilence here is a kind of status report... with pictures...
Finally gave up fighting the illness alone and went to the doc... I will not repeat what she said about working with this, and being stubborn and try to get rid of it alone... no wonder it came back...so she promptly prescribed...

Looking out my window yesterday (and the day before) I saw this:

SNOW. In March. Wonder I am sick? Maybe it is pscychosomatic?

The good news I have a Finished Object:


I love it and you will get a modelled picture and full report when I am not looking and feeling like a ghost.

Other good news, the mailman brought me these:

I got so excited I promptly threw away the sweater I was working on (already on the second sleeve of a top down raglan cardi) and knit up a swatch:

Which made me even more excited about the project and promtly cast on 308 stitches... knit 25 rows and then frogging it. Swatches do lie. Cast on a much smaller number and proceeded:

I just love how it knits up... and comparing the washed swatch I love how the yarn blooms... can you see?

All this while I have a number of UFOs on the needles, at least two or tree of them nearing completion, and I should knit a pair of clogs for my friend's birthday and I want/should desing a baby cardigan for a class... There is no warning on patterns that fair isle is so addicting...

3 comments:

Alwen said...

Pretty! Most of these fiber crafts are like that. I don't mean to start up a new one, then I look around and it's three days later!

Brussels Chronicles said...

That fair isle is very pretty indeed and I like the colour combination. Be careful with augmentin, it's not the best tolerated antibiotic (try to eat lots of yoghurt)... vibratab (vibramycin) would have been more "the thing" but alas, I know, many drs do prescribe augmentin which is very broad spectrum, for nearly everything... I do hope it helps !

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - yogurt while you are on the augmentin! :) The colors for the fair isle are lovely! :) SO pretty. Can't wait to see the finished pics of your ruffled one.