Sunday, October 6, 2024

...and the leftovers - Love in a Mist hat and mittens

 Let's play catch up, shall we? 

While I still held myself to my self imposed no-yarnbuying and stashbusting idea, there is nothing against using leftovers, is there? 

Remember the Love-in-a-mist sweater I knitted at the end of last year and posted about this February? 

In that post I showed the base yarn I overdyed to have more interesting colorvariations, and I might even mentioned that there vere plenty of letovers...

I loved the sweater (and the yarn/color-combo) that I wanted to use up all the leftovers... I have made a small wrap cardigan, we still have not managed to photo, and there were still more leftovers, so I decided to make a hat, and since this seemed to be a yarn forever giving even a pair of fingerless mittens. 

For the hat, I used my basic beret formula, starting with a 120 stitch and K1/P2 ribbing and then Increase the stitches to 144 stitches, and knitting six repeats of the pattern horizontally, and -depending how I count it- 2 or three repeat vertically.

Meaning that the first and the last repeat is not the full repeat, but a simpler, smaller version of the motif, and the two repeats of the full pattern means actually three motifs above each fiagonally. After the last one I inprovised a starry middle section. 
Blocked it over a plate, but looking at the pictures I might have to reblock it on something bigger to have it a bit slouchier.

Yarn is the same DROPS Flora I used for the sweater and the leftovers from the handdyed sock yarn.
I will come with the details of the mittens in a couple of days. Stay tuned. 

Photoes: Norbert Varga @Bodeszphoto

No comments: