Tuesday, August 6, 2024

July

 What july? 

Ohh, that one, with the intensive heatweave, when my highest goal was surviving? 

Yeah, That one is absolutley garbage-positive, as far as work, sewing, and other handwork goes. 

We did had a couple of events, though.  

Like in the gorgeous castle, where we did some turn of the century reenactment 


Me wearing my late victorian/edwardian bycicle set and talking about late victorian and edwardian sports (and of course some sporing facts leading up to that era, all the while thinking that as much odds as I was with this era's dressing  this set is not bad at all. It is so different and fun. And of course I adore that waistcoat with those little blue flowers. 
And then, we have been in Visegrád palace, all in renaissance finery, summoning the ladies in waiting of queen Beatrix.

I wore my new, green renaissance dress, to which I added a blue giornea. I started it back in the spring, but did not get around finishing, so it only needed to figure out the closure and add the decoration. 

I have been up, twice in the 18th century DelaMotte palace, where I was talking with summer camping children about 18th century.


In between we had a couple of concerts and festivals...








But in between, I was just trying to survive the heat... Work just as much as needed for survival. 
There were days, when we woke up to 34°C in the bedroom, and since we live in a tenth/top floor flat, with no aircondition, but east and west windows, you can imagine. Sometimes I felt my brain would melt, I could not even function enough to do the most basic translations...
I even wished I worked in a place where you go into an office every day. Into an airconditioned office, that is. 
Its over now, and hopefully things will get better... On the posting side too. 


No comments: