Wednesday, February 4, 2009

update

Well, this wasn't the best of weeks for me... sometimes last week I caught some bug. It started with feeling cold, then shivering on wednesday, continued with diarrhea on thursday (which I had off...what a surprise), then coughing on friday... I ploughed on with my stuff, knitted on...

My dad was having a birthday and I asked him:
"Dad, what do you want to get for your birthday?" then came the typical answer:
"Oh, I don't know... nothing really..." to which I replied rather threateningly:
"If you don't tell me I am going to knit you a pair of socks..." In the same time he also said
"well, if you really want to, you can knit me a pair of socks" as we said the knit a pair of socks came out just the same time... so I just had to...you know...knit a pair of socks. I wasn't really sure i can make it in a less than a week, but on friday night five minutes before midnight I waved in the last end, and on saturday I gave it to him. First he said it is going to be too big, but when I insisted he tries them on they fit him well. My own pattern, toe up, and 2x2 ribbing. The ribbing pulls it in and makes it longer than it really is, but on his feet:

They were good. The yarn is semi solid regia on the foot and leg and a heathered grey one on the toes, heels, and stripes on the leg, and the turned down cuff. Needles, 2.5 mm short bamboo dpns. Sorry for the pic being so dark, but he asked for grey.

By Saturday I felt pretty bad, still I took Chris to my dad's, but when I got home on Sunday evening I knew I am going to start the week at the dr's. The night was awful, and I am not even going into the wait at the dr's. Is it enough to say that I haven't/couldn't knit all day?

Got antibiotics, and other stuff...Now I am on the third day of the meds, and still not feeling ...no, not only don't feel 100%, but I don't feel OK at all... I still feel my head (especially my nose) is stuffed, and every time I cough feels like my lungs want to get out too...

The highlight of the week was when I opened my mail one day... and what name I see in the inbox???? Stephanie Pearl McPhee!!! The Yarnharlot herself... I commented on her blog (of which I am an avid reader) and she sent me a note that she agrees with me... oh. my...

So at the moment I am still at home (Chris is at his father's for the day) a head full of snot coughing my insides out... I try to knit some from time to time on my Amelia, which comes along nicely...

And just to leave with a positive note... here is my son wearing his elephant tam, and the scarf I made for him:

Sorry for being it a bit blurry, all the above pictures were shot by my phone...

4 comments:

herr_dr_nuss said...

the socks are making me warmer just looking at them! which is a good thing as my toes are cold again!!!

i'm glad that was your dad with the hairy legs LOL C looks cute with that hat you made. nice hat too!

the snot will find another body to invade soon and you'll be free of the crud thats criss-crossing the planet.

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Brussels Chronicles said...

I'm sorry you're still not all well ! That stinks !
I love the knitting though. Chris looks very handsome with that hat, I loved the elephant motif when you first showed it on the blog !

Anonymous said...

WOW - you can really see how C looks just like you in that picture!! :D Adorable.

peony said...

WOW does he? I never thought of that, but now as you pointed out...
You know I so rarely hear that the boy looks like (or even reminds of) me...If anyone, he looks like my dad (but then again I looked like my dad whenI was a kiddo, these day there is much more of my grandma and my mom to see in me)...
But I was happy to hear that!