Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Something.........not blue, but green

There is one advantage of spending all that time at the doctors and home sick... Lots of knitting. In my current waiting for spring mood, a new light green something was in order...

The pattern is from knitty The yarn is Adriafil's Mirage in this light kiwi/lime green.3 mm circular ADDI needles, and 3mm DPNs for the sleeves.

Because of the different yarn/gauge I went two sizes up. I went with the pattern, up until I realized that because of the way I knit (and my stitches sit on the needle) the easiest for me is to do the twisted ribs in a "zig-zag" or herring bone way. Looking at it one of them is twisting to the right, the next row to the left. Then about the 20th row of stockinette that I didn't changed for smaller needles, then later when I did more rows, before deciding what to do later. I've put the waistband a little higher, closer to the real waistline (which is in dressmaking is the narrowest part of your body), and to make it more peplum like I decreased some stitches, which I increased after the waistband. Knitting the sleeves I've seen it would be just too tight, so I increased more, which had to come back at the neckline somehow. At the row before the last I decreased at the sleeves a few stitches. Put the buttonholes to different places, the top one to the neckband, which ended up being wider than in the pattern. That is about it I guess.

Some close ups from the details:

Jenny, thank you for shooting the pictures!

Oh and excuse my red face. I am still not completely well, and it is very cold outside.

2 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Wow, that was a fast knit ! And a very pretty one !

Anonymous said...

Hey, you know what? You look so good for having been so sick for so long!! :D Love how it looks on you.