Monday, February 16, 2009

Something new

I always liked the look of headbands, headscarves, and such. At the same time I always had difficult time to keep them on. They either fell of my head, slide back, or if I tie them tight enough to stay where I put them they hurt my head or my ear.

I kept seeing that thousands of people knitted the Caliometry. first I though they are kind of blah, what a heck is up with them? Then I was left with about thirty grams of yarn leftover from my Urchin hat. when I finished my last big project I wanted to do something fast and satisfactory.

So at one point I just made the connection.... :-)

I just love it! From what I've read I knew it has a tendency to run big, so for this worsted weight yarn I cast on about 80 stitches. It fits perfectly, holds my hair back. this is the first thing that stays on my head where I put it, without hurting me.

BTW, pictures are, once again shot by my son, Christopher. Good job, my boy!

I can see already that though this was the first, but definitely not the last Caliometry I've knit. They will be coming in many different color (just to match my other outfits ;-)

2 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Looks great. You won me over, I'm going to start one too !

herr_dr_nuss said...

I like the headband! Its definitely you! It highlights that pretty face!!!