Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Impulsive sock knitting

 And so it happened, that while I was pottering around in Ági's workshop, in a basket that stored leftover bits of yarn, I found some purplish sockyarn (what else) I really, really liked. Yes, I am such a sucker for them. Anyhow, I asked her to gave it to me, with the promise that I will bring her some other sockyarn in exchange. Right, it isn't as I do not have more than enough of it here, I just really loved it. 

At the same time, whenever I dropped my shoes, and was running around at the gallery with only socks on my feet, I felt a slight desire? envy? in Ági's eyes. 

So, while I was digging around in my stash to look for that yarn I was goung to take back to her, an idea popped into my head. 

I am going to give the yarn back in a different form!
Actions floowed the thoughts...
Carried the sock for some tome with me, and knitted on it while driving, and while we were visiting around Xmas. ... 
I guess, N's family thinks I am strange / weird / crazy, but they got me like that. I can't just sit and do nothing, I need something to occupy my hands. Not because I bored or not feeling okay. They know by now, that they have to start to worry if I do NOT have some craft in my hand.
Knitting details: As usual, I did not overcomplicate stuff, just let the colors of the yarn work. Toe up socks, short row toes and heels from solid colors, 2x2 ribbing on the top, and Jenny's surprisingly strechy bind off. 
The yarns are some unidentified sockyarns from the depth of my stash. 
Crappy photoes from my phone-camera. Sorry. I gave it to its owner before we could make more artistic  (lol, lets just say with proper. or ven just "better" photos of them.)

No comments: