Saturday, March 14, 2009

Clapotis-take two

Since my disastrous first meeting with clapotis I was looking forward to have one for myself.
I loved knitting it, and I loved wearing it the first time around, but I just couldn't make friends with the yarn... Soft as it was, it was much more pink and magenta thank in the picture of the yarn where they showed the rust and brown side of the skein, and it was bleeding like crazy. It found a good home, it ended up being a Christmas present for my friend who loves handcrafts and the colors were just perfect for her.
Ever since i was looking for "the perfect yarn" to knit a clapotis... This was one of my better tries. I was looking for something to go with my recent green-blue craze, especially the knucks (they are on the seat BTW). I came across this sock yarn, which seemed OK. It is still not "the perfect", but I like it and I like wearing it.
Patons, Kroy, sock-yarn, crazy stripes. Almost four skein. 4.5 straight bamboo needles.

There was a slight dye-lot issue, two skeins had a slightly darker green and a bit less yellow (which I didn't mind at all), but it is not very visible, and the change happens at half and i usually wear it folded in two and put into a loop, like this (pic is shot by Chris):

Wrapped around my shoulders:

4 comments:

KnittyKitty said...

Oh wow! It's beautiful! I love the color combination! I'm knitting a Clapotis myself, so it's great to see finished products from peopel I actually met... ^_^
Knit on!
Kat

Brussels Chronicles said...

I like these colors too, it's beautiful !

herr_dr_nuss said...

who is that woman behind that pretty scarf?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yer Clapotis turned out lovely! :)