Saturday, March 23, 2024

Winter Carnival

 This has been on the making... for about two years. At least, according Facebook and Instagram, I've started to knit this in november 2021, and got as far as most of the body (after divinding the body and sleeves), then who knows why, most probably because of the New Year's Good Luck Sweater I've put it aside, and didn't pick it up... until last fall..

(I was not angry... we shoot the pictures in Gödöllő after a day long event... I was tired, not angry or anything)

Originally, I started it as a stash-busting project, to make use at least some small part of my gigantic sock-yarn collection. I remember, starting out according to the pattern (DROPS, what else?), and then (especially after dividing the sleeves) kind of going after my own head, picking up colors and patterns as I felt right. 

When I picked it up again, last fall, I needed to figure out where I was (which was no small feat), then finish the bodice. Picking up and knitting the sleeves were easier, as I only had to follow what I was doing on the body (at least color- and pattern-wise), and add my usual wide cuffs. 

As usual, I can only say good things about the DROPS pattern, it is pretty straightforward, and my changes are for my own preferences, like adding some decrease for a more pronounced waistline, and adding more increases (evenly around the round) for giving space for my hips. 




Pattern: DROPS Winter Carnival
Yarn: Mostly DROPS Fabel
Needles: Knit Pro 2,5 mm 3 mm and 3,25 mm

Photos: Norbert Varga @Bodeszphoto


No comments: