Thursday, February 17, 2022

Difference

 As I was looking at the picture of our event at the Vigadó, something kept nagging me at the back of my mind. So much, I made a couple of comparisons pictures to see. 

Now, tell me, if I am hallucinating, or I really look like 10 kg (12 lbs or so) less in the new dress. There is about a month between the two pictures. and I am sporing quiet a large extra weight on both, I know (thanks thyroid), but sill. 

And since it can be seen from the back as well, its not only the fact that I felt better in that dress shows true. There is something about the cut, the placement of the decoration... Maybe the white insert at the front I left out? Maybe the "oversleeves" or whatever those sleeve tabs should be called.  Maybe the tabs around the waistline, that were added at the first place, because the bodice was cut too short.  maybe the deeper V of the waistline? Or maybe the fact that the new bodice is properly boned?
In all honesty, I am not exactly sure of the answer, and that also tells, it wasn't entirely intentional. 
I knew there were some things I did not liked in the old dress and wanted to change them in the new one, like this line:
Don't get me wrong, I know it is historically correct, many examples of Hungarian dresse, including Sisi's coronation gown have it, but I still dislike it. And/or does not suit me. However, since the "Hungarian dress" is a really wide generic term, with lots of variations, we can choose what suits us. 

I guess, the conclusion, is that even though not all changes were intentional, my instincts were right. I kind of new instinctively that the old dress does not do for me, as well as it could, and also instinctively found some right changes. 


No comments: