Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Satisfaction?

Of finally writing a post after more thana month again... Well not really.  

I mean the feeling of satisfaction one feels, when from her seemeingly endless stash of yarns, yet another bit of leftover yarn ball/skein is finished, and the next piece is tied on... I get those feelings with those projects of mine that are knitted of those small bits of leftover sockyarns, like the colored neckwarmers, or the circle sweater.

Now we finally managed to photograph the boxy sweater that was my car-knitting for fairly long time, as we can agree in one thing, knitting a boxy sweater, especially in my size, from sockyarn takes a long time, even if I use needles sized 3.5-4 mm (instead of my usual 3 mm). 

A couple of years ago I already knitted a cardigan, that never got photographed (and who knows why I forgot to take it with me this time), and I actually loved how I managed to put the small bits of sockyarns into an order where it darkened toward the bottom, and so I did that now as well. 

No actual patterns just out of my head.

I've started with a lot of stitches, knitted bottom-up, on the round for ever so long, then increased some stitches for the sleeves, separated for the armholes (on the two sides, and knitted back and front separately.  Then separated at the middle of the front, knitted left and right side separately, while decreased for the V neck. The shoulders were done up with three neede binding, picked up stitches around for the armholes, and knitted the two shortish sleeves.
And finally picked up stitches around the neck, knitted a couple of rows with garter stitch edge.  Thats it. No sewing up. But a lot of ends to weave in. Wherever a bit of yarn ended, I simply knitted on the next bit. Except I halved the small balls I choose for the sleeves, so they would be similar (if not fully symmetrical or identical).
What would I do next time? well, as much as I like the idea of the boxy sweater, and as much as I like them on others, I have to accept the fact that it is not for my current shape. It wasn't when I finished it (probably that is why I haven't pushed photographing it, even though it was satisfying to use up a bunch of sockyarn-bits. 
Also, I would do the V neck deeper. Otherwise it would be a fun sweater to wear, especially in a sporty way, but I will need to loose more weight before I would comfortably do that. 
Yarns: various sock-yarns.
Needle: Knit pro 3,5 and 4 mm. 
Photo: Norbert Varga. 


No comments: