Monday, June 3, 2019

Four weeks

Four weeks... this is how long I have not drank any Cova Cola.
Admittedly, I love Coke. the full sugary version.
I loved it since my childhood, even though there were times it vas scarcely available, and and can drink an insane amount of it.
I have been told many times (especially by my ex), that I am addicted. That might be so, but I ofte wondered, if I reall have an addiction.
When I stepped on the scale more than a month ago, went though the roof. Not the scale, but me.
I also had a wow, and a bet with myself. (I tried it once, giving up coke for a month, but then Chris had his accident, at the end of the third week.)
I actually started on May the first (more than 4 weeks ago), but then there was one small can in the fidge and N said it would be unnecessary temptaton.
The full 4 weeks were up by late friday night, and on thruday night I incidentally bought a can of coke. (Yes, shut up. Incidentally. How you say no to a store clerk, who was so proud that he remembered I only drink Coke? ). I had it with me on Friday night and I opened it just a few minutes before midnight.
It actually tasted strange. Now, I had a day or two of headaches at the beginning of teh four weeks, but that also could have had a million other reasons. No other withdrawal effect. No shaking hand, no feeling dizzy or sick, not even a standard attack of angry shouting. I also have not drunk anything else instead, but water. No other soft drinks, no syrups, just water, or seltzer water. Thats it. I did not died. Nor did I turn into a zombie. I have not lost much weight either.
Anyhow, I gave myself one day off, when we had an event to attend, and now back to square one. See f I can do this for another month.
Photos: Norbert Varga

No comments: