Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Funny cables

I already did the happydance about being part of the Hungarian version of Simply Crochet, and now the knitting version came out today. In teh first issue there was this really cute, funny cabled hat, about which I felt, its a part of my job to knit it.
The modell is simple, easy to knit, If anyone is just getting to know the tricks of cableknitting and looking for a project to practice I can heartily suggest this one...
You can see from the original magazine picture that this hat is not a thight one, and since I choose a yarn that is decidedly thicker than the one teh designer used, and did not do my homework (i.e: swatch), I can only blame myself for the first attempt failing, by being kind of too big... however only a short calculation and reknitting cured the problem... (Instead of 101 stitch start with 81, and knit 4 repeats of the cable pattern)
Now I am thinking how can I use the same cables to make a neckwarmer... from this soft and warm yarn...
Yarn Alpaca wool (100 gramm)
Fotó: Christopher Laurent Deli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable hat! And I love the color.