Sunday, February 26, 2012

A bunch of socks

I used to say about myself that I am "not a sock knitter"... right. Then why is when I count what I've knitted in a while there is always a bunch of socks, I haven't even shot a picture or blogged about?
I still don't think myself as a sock knitter in a sense that I don't think that sock-knitting is the be all and end all of knitting and fancy-smancy sock patterns do not excite me. Yeah, I wear socks, and if you know me at all, you know that my socks have to "go" with the rest of what I am wearing...But most of the socks I knit are knitted from bits of leftover sock-yarns I collect in second hand shops.Except...
And since in winters I tend to wear a lot of red, I needed some red socks. Lana Grossa sockyarns, may own toe up, ribbed pattern in knee high length... most of them were knitted on the train to and back and in teh time of university lectures.
Then reading the Yarn Harlot's blog I came across these socks.I very much liked them, so I dived into my stash, digged out some bits of greys and orange, and knitted these...

And then decided, that this would work with red toes and heels just as well...

I just couldn't leave Christopher out of the sock party I seemed to have


Then my phone was ringing and on the line was the lady from the second hand shop...We all know what this means...more yarn gets fed into the hungry beast that is my stash...
But a half skein of unicolored and an other half skein of multicolored was taken out before the rest dissapeared...
And now as I look at these pictures I realize that there isn't one from the green and the purple one... maybe next time then.

No comments: