Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Small spencer

There are a number of ways, you can make a regency outfit different. We could see that with my first white dress and the overdress...
For this simple white dress, to elevate it to an evening dress, or even a ball-gown, I only needed to add a small sleeveless spencer.

The fabric is a small piece of embroidered taffeta. I knew that one of the fabric-shops had a small piee, that was highly discounted, literally for years, because there were lines of sun-fading on it, when I went there, they used the piece for decorating a mannequine in the shop-window.
However, for this spencer I only needed small bits of pieces, so literally begged them to take it off and sell it to me (it didn't even had a pice anymore, they just blurted out a number, and I said okay, thats fine.
(Pattern was draped by me).
Photos: Norbert Varga @Bodeszphoto.
 

No comments: