Saturday, December 17, 2022

Walking

 Now, let's see yet again a try of mine to get back to the blogging groove...

Just for warming up see something that is not crafty at all, and has nothing to do with reenactment, or music, or travel either... just a walk...

From my flat to the market.  It is not the main street, just some smaller streets between two bigger ones, as the old song says "between the Váczi street and Lehel street", in the so called Angel's land part of Budapest. Back, in twenty, even fifteen years ago, I walked this walk often, at least once a week, sometimes many times  week... I often went to the market, and now I admit, I did that often to escape from home.

A week or two ago, I happened to walk that 2 km part again (Though this time definetly no because I wanted to escape from home), but I was struck, how many things changed... mostly new buildings in this short strech...

I will show some...

The indoor athletic practice place for the nearby sport-complex was completely renovated.
A two story storage space and small factory was completely demolished.
A new building is rising on the previously mentioned sport-complex.
The roof of the basketball hall (that is at another part of the previously mentioned sport-complex) is taken down, probably as a part of some rebuilding effort.
Here there was an old building that hused some company selling /distributing medical aid / supplies, and a "Curves" sport club among others, but now a completely new, and a lot bigger (many times the original building's size) office building was build.
An old factory-turned officebuilding, that got fully renovated...
And yet another new office building
A house with flats
A playground, where I often stopped with my son, when he was little, now, half of it is taken by new buildings..
And some more new buildings.... 

Well, thi sis it for now. Next time, I will bring something more colorful.

No comments: