Sunday, December 15, 2019

Spinning Paris

And some spinning content... 
So, you thought, I gave up spinning? Nope, no such a luck... in fact it seems I slowly manage to pick up things I so love, like dyeing, knitting and, of course spinning... especially, when something calls me...Like Paris.
No, I haven't been in Paris (don'I wish), but I called this colorway, ever since I first dyed it, years ago, Paris. Red and blue with a bit of white.(Sorry for the bad pictures on the original fiber, I know I had a couple of shots, but all I found were these small icons, that my new phone pulled from the old one (thatpulled from the one before I guess). Anyhow, it might gave you some idea, how did it look unspun).
And this is how it looks spun up.
While spinning I was not looking to do anything particular, except for trying to keep the colors together as much as possible, and maybe aiming for a roughly sockyarn weight...
I did managed to do that (though I misplaced the not on the exact length (yeah, trying to clean up my desk, while the whole flat is in total disorganisation...) but it is somewhere between 350 and 420 meters.
It is so soft, but still... can't think of the word, it is a sunday morning afte all... Soft, but so good to scrunch up, but still springs back to its oroginal shape?
And pure merino. 18 micron. Two ply.

No comments: