Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Jump in headfirst...

To a pretty big project.
I know I promised spinning posts and I should continue my regency dress series, but…
So, here I come to make a wow. When, about 11 years ago my ex moved out, I went through the flat. Most everything was moved, selected, some stuff thrown out, some was sent after the ex, many things were rearranged (here is a bolgpost from those times). But the space I freed up filled pretty quickly. I have a number of hobbies hat needs materials, space and tools maybe even machines. Some friends who ever visited me know that I have 5 sewing machines, spinning wheels, yarns enough to full up a store, fabric enough to dress up a small town, and lets not talk about the fiber I want to spin. And then new hobbies appeared. I’ve been whining for many years now that I need shelves, that the flat should be rearranged. But there were only the two of us here and this building is one of those Russian type of prefabricated building from ferro-concrete, it isn’t easy even to drill a hole for a shelf. Than about 2.5-3 years ago I had the idea how changing two rooms (the sewing room – where I store a lot of kitchen/ food stuff as it is the closest to the kitchen- and my son’s room) could solve many problems. Still, things stayed the same. Historical clothes started to appear, and at the same time, the amount of fabric gre exponentially (when I see and buy fabric for my “normal” clothes, just because I like it and/or it is a good deal, I get about 2-3 meters. The same things for a historical dress is about 6-10 meters. Then N(orbert) appeared. Before I hung up my historical dresses in the door between my bedroom and the living room… now, that door should rather be closed. At the beginning I laid down the clothes, but they couldn’t be handled that way, so we did get a clothes rack, but it is in the middle of the living room, adding to the chaos.
I really like to think about myself that as a creative person I can handle chaos pretty well, you all know the adage about the mess that really is a bunch of ideas lying around. But even I arrived to the point when it started to hold me back. I started to let in less and less people, I started to make less and less things. I started disliking to come home. 
Of course I could always find reasons, I am alone (not anymore), no time (you always have time for whatever it is really important), and the list could go on. I said that I will not sew until it is don, but only the heap of unsewn fabric grew. It frustrated me to no end that even though my head is full of ideas and my hands are itching to MAKE, I can’t because there is no space. Then I said I will not do Xmas, because what would I do with a tree in the middle of a chaos… I said to the boys, that I don’t want anything else for my birthday and Xmas….I broke out crying because I felt so helpless…
I don’t know what had effect at the end, but maybe something started. Rearrangement project is on. Will it be done for Xmas? Probably not. But I already gave up on having Xmas this year that is no loss, and what I could win…
The basic thing is the two room, but they will pull over many other things I am afraid.
On Saturday we took down the food stuff from the shelves threw out a ton of old stuff, and put what is remained in the kitchen, now it is impossible to move there or cook anything beside a can of tea. On Sunday I was at a workshop all day, but still managed to rush out to Ikea to see what cabinet can we put up in the kitchen to be able to put away some of what is left. Today I had to run around in the city looking for lactose free chocolate santa , and started to disassemble the heap of fabrics that collected in one corner…
To be continued.

No comments: