Thursday, September 26, 2019

Knee high stockings... again.

It seems I don't knit much anything else these days, but historic stockings... This is not entirely true, but I can't document the opposite just yet, so let's stay at socks.
Between reenactors barter type exchanges are everyday occurences, even if they tend to take long times to complete sometimes. In our case I recived a woven basket from our teammate, Gizella (and the promise for another), and she asked for a pair of stockings for her husband to use for his 17th century attire.
The only thing wrong with these stockings... they take ages to knit, and the knitting itself... honestly... ummm... well... Not the most exciting thing, so there it is. I can say, they are boring as hell.
Just knitknitknit around and around, broken only by some increases and decrases... Kind of lucky, that this is the knitting I can do in a car, because I only have to look at it once in every four round...
So with all that travelling in the summer...it did get finished after all, and I gave it to its new owner at the Baroque Wedding, who gracefully accepted the role of the modell for a few picture.


Stockings: about 150 gramms of sock yarn,
Pattern: my own
Needles: 2.00 mm
Photoes: Norbert Varga

No comments: