I had my plans for a well edited blog in which I would vary the topics, so here, after the sewing would come knitting post.... only we sunk ourselves in the making of the ballgown, so much I hardly came up for air, much less preparing a blogpost. You have to make do for the second petticoat, this one I made alone, and once we determined the basic shape that works I could concentrate on adding a bit more detail.
Like I was always enchanted by the tiny and not so tiny pintucks that decorate many of the victorian underwear, I just had to try them. And where else is better to do so than at a skort's ruffle's edge that is about 5 meters long...
Also added a narrow crochet lace to the bottom edge. All eleven meters of it. Never mind teh fact that this lace costed almost as much as the 4,5 meters (of 240 cm wide) cotton fabric the rest of teh skirt is made of.
Now on to the dress, from the trial material.