Friday, January 4, 2013

When a shawl hides in the fiber. Last part...DONE!!!

 
The knitting is finished finally...
I started out with a bunch of fiber, which I turned to three balls of yarn...
It took me a while, but it is DONE!
I love it...
I was asked why I've knitted it with straight needles... actually there isn't any particular reason.
Except that when I started knitting we only had those awful circular needles, the teflon covered aluminum ones with the rigid cables...I just hated them. So much that I tried everything to avoid using them. I didn't even mind sewing up things. With the arrival of ADDI needles things changed a lot, but I am still old fashioned at heart...so I do try to knit shawls with straights. It is only some times that there are too many stitches to fit them on...
I changed to circulars when started to knitting the edge on my Aeolian shawl, and I changed to a par of circs when I got to the edges with this one.
Photos: Christopher Laurent Deli
Place: Barkafonal

3 comments:

kristieinbc said...

It is amazing! I love that you spun the wool for your Color Affection. It makes it a "one of a kind" shawl. Thanks for the explanation about the straight needles. Yes, those old circulars with the stiff cords were a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous! It looks so soft and cozy! Beautiful work :-D

shepherdessmade said...

It's beautiful and I love the colours.