Sunday, December 4, 2011

A season of gloves

With the cold season gloves are getting out of  the bottom of drawers.
For me, yarns are getting dug out of the bottom of the stash.
This is just the beginning, be prepared for the avalanche of posts about gloves and mitts in the next
weeks.
 I love fingerless mitts, I find them very practical in the city, they warming hands, but let one take out keys, passes, change without having to take them off.
These are made from sock yarns that are 70-80% wool and the rest nylon or acrylic for strength.
To go with jeans:

In vampire mood:
And a little bit of romance in embroidered flowers.

1 comment:

kristieinbc said...

Your collection of fingerless mitts is wonderful! I love wearing them too, but once deep winter sets in here in Canada I am forced to pull out my regular mittens.