Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Apres surf hoodie

I've been working on this for a while now, but it is done. I like it...

Brown sheep cotton fine yarn, 7 skeins in the wilde orange color way.I did had a bit of a dye lot problem with it, as the one package yarn came in two different lots, but since I bought it on the net about a year ago I couldn't go back and complain.

I was amazed though how little yarn this took, less than 350 grams..., now I have to figure out what to do with the three and bit leftover skeins...
2.5 mm needles (straight bamboo).

Instead of doing the provisional cast on, and I cord bind off I did an I cord cast on, which is basically doing a long enough I cord and picking up stitches along one of the columns. If I would do this again I would use bigger needles for the I cord than for the rest of the sweater and pay attention picking up stitches along the "back column" (the stitches that were behind the DPNS as they tend to be looser.

Made the body longer and the sleeves a bit wider, but basically went with the pattern. I did missed something tough because I ended up with less stitches at the shoulders and around the neck, but I compensated that for a wider stockinette edge around the hood, where I finally did my first I cord bind off.

So here are he pictures:

(please excuse my red face it was abut 200 degrees in my places and the fingering weigh lace hoodie felt like I had FUR on.... Pictures shot by Christopher :-)))

2 comments:

h3dakota said...

It is so *perfect* for you!! I love it. :)

Isis said...

Very brave of you to model it in that heat ! It's great !