Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The day I thaught my collegaues to knit

The day was today... the turnout was nice, even some of the men came. It was fun,... after the initial struggle with the cast on, they got the hang of the knit stitch pretty fast. There were some girls who had learned how to knit but they didn't knit for ages found out that if they try it comes back pretty fast. So without further ado, here are a couple of pictures...Oh my cakes did well too (doing the disappearing act :-).

My boss concentrating hard...He said it would take some practice for knitting being meditative:

Interestingly the boys did very well:

5 comments:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Amazing ! And where do you get the energy to bake cakes AND give knitting lessons at work... ?!

peony said...

You know.... I didn't do it at once... I baked on Sunday evening, and did the knitting lesson at work on a tuesday...

Brussels Chronicles said...

I wouldn't even have the energy for THAT. LOL ! Been wanting to bake for weeks now but I couldn't be bothered, I kept feeling this overwhelming need to crawl into my cave and sleep... Seriously: I would never even dream of showing my colleagues how to knit, it takes guts to do that !

peony said...

I didn't had much choice LOL. I jokingly dropped the idea to my boss, and he wouldn't let me lone until I did it...And at the end it turned out to be fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anett - I just LOVE the pictures - everyone is concentrating so hard on their knitting!! :D Awesome, awesome! I wonder how many knitting addicts you have created? he he he