Saturday, December 9, 2017

Coming out...

Of some kind of closet... LOL.

If someone tells me a year ago (or even this spring) that I will not only try bobbin lace, but grew to like it... I would have laughed at them... and laughed and laughed, as it was one fiber art I could pass without my fingers itching ("I wanna try" - No, NOT). - in fact I thought one has to be a certified lunatic to do it... However, never underestimate pride, as I started a course out of pure competitiveness (In our group I am the one who does - and pretty good at- several fibery crafts, I knit, crochet, spin, weave, sew and embroider)... when my young friend wanted to try lace, I just could not allow a green young chick to know something I don't, now can I? Accordingly, I struggled with bobbins... I planned to learn teh basics, so I could say, I know how to do it, but not really interested... yeah, right. Until I found the early Italian plaited / braided laces, and I fell in love with them. Hello, my name is Anett, and I am a lace addict. Here are bits of my progress from the first tapes...







No comments: