Thursday, July 16, 2009

Knitting content...

Since I promised...
My main knitting excitement was that Lene of Dancing with Wool commented on my blog... OMG she knits such a gorgeous things, I was absolutely honored...
Lately I was working on the Icarus shawl , which came to a sudden halt when I run out of yarn about twenty rows before the end... just because some of you asked, here is how 500 and some stitches of lace weight looks on a 14" long 3 mm needle (yes I do knit it on straights):

The major problem is that knitting the Icarus shawl I've run out of yarn about twenty row before the end (considering that the shawl is about 300 or so rows, that is close)... I combed through Ebay and etsy hoping to find something, but you all know how it would be trying to match colors through the screen... I got in contact with Teal, who said will dye some more for me, but it would never exactly match... well I just have to wait and see... since the missing part is the scallopy edge, I can use a different shade (even a totally different one, like lilac) and call it a design element...

I am also knitting a cardigan for the baby girl of my friend. She was born in early march, it is high time I go and visit them.

And the Apres Surf Hoodie is on the needle... I had this Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in my stash for over a year now, and also had the hoodie in my queue for about the same time...I am not sure how I made the connection, but I am loving how it shapes up.

1 comment:

Brussels Chronicles said...

Yum ! Must get back to my knitting myself, I've been neglecting it !