Tuesday, September 24, 2024

And there goes August too

 Along with September. I have been pondering a blogpost for days now, if for nothing else, just to "pick up the thread" as we say in Hungarian. However, if you have been around, you know by now, that my blog is erratic at best. Just as in real life, I am absolutely incapable of keeping any kind of regularity in my life. There were times when I struggled trying to do so, mainly because PJ kept chaistising me for it, also, because outside things (like a job, or Chris's shcools) required it. 

By now, I kind of given up on that, I will not have lunch at the tale at noon every day, nor will I get up (or get into bed) at a certain time each day (of course as we say, there is always the amount of money, for which I would force myself, but I am not sure if anybody would be willing to pay me that). 

Anyhow, weather-wise August wasn't much better than July was, nor was my productivity. However, I have a couple of things from spring I still have not shown to you, and I am also working on a few stuff, so there just might be enough "content" to go around for a few more post this year. 

But then I keep thinking of ways to liven up this space a but, but wonder what you all would like to see? 

As there is only one of me, and I can do (umm craft- knit, sew, etc) so much, there is a limit to posts about what I made. 

Would you like more posts (pictures) of reenactment events? While we are at reenactment, would you like to read about that more? why I (or why some of my friends) do it? What types of it there are, how I approach it, and things like that? 

Would you like to see outfit of the day type of posts? Back, like a 15-20 years ago I had a HUGE wardrobe. I was a second hand shop addict, and back those times that meant that I had am amazing amount of clothes, for less than an average woman spends on her wardrobe.  By now I have a lot less clothes (though still quite a lot), and don't even dress up "properly" that much, but once in a while I manage to put something together, that I would like to show. 

And then, would you like to see travel pictures? At the moment we travel less than we used to, but still do it, and there are places I would love to show. 

1 comment:

ZipZip said...

As a reader of your blog for over a year now, it's simply fun to peruse whatever subject you decide to write about. I started reading for the costumes you have made and the reenactments you participate in, but stayed also for fiber arts and learning about Hungary :)

I've never been there, though my sister, who lives and works in Austria has been many times, and spent holidays for years at lake Balaton. So, it's always wonderful to take vicarious trips via blog, whether its to a bakery down the road, or to a thrift shop, to a walk in the woods, or to a famous site.

On my blog, which is also erratically kept, sometimes I talk about my sheep who live at a friend's farm, or about baking, though usually about costumes and dress history.

Very best, Natalie in Kentucky USA