Monday, October 26, 2020

Newleaf or, the art of finishing

Oh, wow, two knitting post right next to each other.... Continious pattering around, and gaving many project at the same time does that... nothing happens for so long, then bumm, a bunch of things get finished at once...

Okay that is a bit of an overstatement, but, its not only got finished, but we even done a proper photoshot... anyhoe, I know, less talk, more pictures, right? 


As usual, I followed thw pattern... just about until I needed to separate the sleeves, then followed my head and my ideas...
There are added decreases and a bit of more agressive increases at the waistline, and some shortrows to make the back longer, so it could cover my arse...and I tried to pray out a bit of the motive of the yoke.


While knitting, the pattern pulled it together a bit, I even got some smartass comment on how I should have tacked down the long floats (thanks mate, I did). and I knew it will block out nicely...and it did. 





And then, when a self-stiping sockyarn works out perfectly with the pattern. 


Both yarn was bought in second hand shops, regular sockyarns. The base is Lana grosse, the colored one is a noname "sockenwolle". 

Pattern is Jennifer Steinglass Newleaf sweater. 

Photos: Norbert Varga

No comments: